Get your medical marijuana card online and save $10
Cannabis remains federally illegal, and state by state, the laws vary widely. So the answer to the question “Does it make sense to get a medical marijuana (MMJ) card?” depends both on your individual needs and the state in which you reside.
If your state allows it and you are using cannabis for pain, anxiety, insomnia or another acute condition, it may make sense to get your card. Fortunately with NuggMD, it’s fast and easy to get your MMJ card online, in the comfort of your own home — more on this below.
Even if you’re in one of the 15 states where recreational cannabis is now legal, there are still some damn good reasons to get your MMJ card.
You’ll save money on cannabis.
You like to save money, right? If you live in a state where cannabis is recreationally legal, you can lessen your tax burden by having your MMJ card. In California, for instance, state, local and excise taxes can tack up to 35% or more onto your bill at the dispensary. That tax bite decreases substantially when you get an MMJ card.
You’ll be able to buy as much cannabis as you need.
Another example from the Golden State: You can purchase up to 2,000 mg per dispensary visit when you have your card, compared to the 1,000 mg limit without an MMJ card. For patients who need daily high-potency dosages, ready access to your medicine this matters.
You’ll have higher limits on what you can possess.
When you have an MMJ card you’re generally allowed to carry more cannabis with you. And that’s always a good thing.
If you grow your own, you can grow more when you have your card.
The rules vary state by state, but if you’re consuming a lot of cannabis for a medical condition, it can be much more cost-effective to grow your own, and in general, plant limits per patient are higher when you possess your card.
The NuggMD process is fast and easy.
After researching my options, I got my MMJ card online from NuggMD. I liked that they’ve been doing this a while — since 2008 — their process was fast, easy and discreet, and it was cost-effective: It starts at just $39 for new patients and renewals (your cost may vary depending on your state regulations).
Here’s what to expect:
- Sign up at NuggMD.
- Schedule your consultation with a doctor. This takes about 15 minutes, and you can usually get it done the same day.
- Be prepared to discuss your symptoms. These could include:
- Muscle spasms
- Once approved, you’ll get a medical recommendation in PDF form to download, and they will get your physical MMJ card in the mail.
- Show your card on your next dispensary visit, and get the benefits mentioned above!
- How to get your medical marijuana card online
- You’ll save money on cannabis.
- You’ll be able to buy as much cannabis as you need.
- You’ll have higher limits on what you can possess.
- If you grow your own, you can grow more when you have your card.
- The NuggMD process is fast and easy.
- Select your state to get started
- NuggMD Video